The Play Store app from Google is very popular among all Android users. This is a store where you get access millions and millions of apps under various categories. The Play Store app can be downloaded for free on all handsets that work on the Android OS platform. Most of the Android handsets come with preloaded Play Store app. If not, you can check out the details below on how to download the Play Store app for smart phones. There might be certain problems and issues you might face when downloading the Play Store and with the use of Play Store. Some of the issues and their solutions are discussed in detail below.
How to download Play Store for Samsung devices?
Do you own a Samsung Smartphone or a tablet? Do you find that the version of Google Play Store on your Samsung device is outdated? Well, Google keeps on updating the Play Store app to offer more features and apps to users. If your device is running an older version of Play Store app, you can upgrade it to the latest Google Play Store version.
- Visit the Google Play Store app on your Samsung device. You can find it on the home screen of your device or in the apps section.
- Once you are in the Play Store app, tap on the three horizontal line option seen on the top left corner of the page. The menu will be displayed on your device.
- Look for Settings option and tap on it.
- Once you are in the Settings menu, scroll down to see the build number or the Play Store version. Tap on it. You will get a message, whether the Play Store app is up-to-date or if it needs an upgrade.
- If it asks for an upgrade, then tap on the Phone settings option and then tap on the Apps option.
- Scroll down to locate Play Store app and tap on it. Tap in the upgrade option you use to get the latest version of Play Store downloaded and installed on the Samsung device.
Downloading Google Play Store through the APK file
If your Samsung device or other mobile devices do not have the Google Play Store inside it, then you can get it on the device by using the APK file. As you are going to download APK file, it is important to download it from trusted Android sources.
The following are the steps involved to download the Google Play Store app via the APK file.
- The first step is to enable the Unknown Sources on your device. It will be disabled in your handset.
- Go to the Settings option on your device and once in, look for Security option and tap on it.
- Locate the “Unknown Sources” option by scrolling down and once you see it, check the box. You will get a warning popup. Read it and then click on OK to give permission to your device to accept files from Unknown Sources. Make sure to uncheck the Unknown Sources after the download of the Play Store APK file.
- Open the web browser on your device or computer and search for the Google Play Store APK file. Ensure that you get access to the APK file from trusted sources.
- Download this APK file on your computer or your device. If you have downloaded on your computer, you need to transfer the file to your device through a USB cable.
- Once the file is downloaded or transferred to your device, look for the Google Play Store APK file and install it on your device.
- The Google Play Store app is now available on your device. Look for it in the apps section and tap on it to start using it.
Setting up the Google Play Store account
If you have bought a new Android phone and have completed the setting up of the phone, it is time to setup the Google account. Setting up the Google Play Store account on your phone is very easy. If you already have a Google account, then you can easily sign in to Google Play Store using the same Google account credentials. You do not have to create a new one. The following is the procedure to set up the Google Play Store account.
- Switch on the Android device. Once it is on, tap on the Menu option that you find on the home screen.
- You will be taken to the Apps section option. Here, scroll down to locate the Google Play Store icon.
- Tap on the Play Store icon and you will now see the Add a Google Account option on your screen. This is the page that you will get if you have not accessed Google account on your phone.
- Scroll down to see the Existing and New option. Tap on the existing option if you already have a Google account.
- You will be taken to the Google sign in window. Here, you need to enter your email address which will be email@example.com.
- After this, move on to the next field where you should enter the password for the Gmail address that you have just keyed in.
- After both the email address and the password fields, are entered correctly, tap on the right arrow icon on the bottom of the page.
- You will be directed to the set-up payment info page. Here, you can enter your credit/debit card details to make app purchases.
- If you do not like to enter your payment details, you just need to tap on the Skip option seen on the bottom left of the screen.
- The next window will be the Backup and restore window option. Here, you just need to check the box next to Keep this phone backed up with my Google account option to get the device Backup on Google account.
- Finally, tap on the right arrow icon on the bottom of the window or complete the Google Play Store setup.
Adding multiple Google accounts
If you want to buy items and to download apps for the Google Play Store, you need to add your Google account on the new device. Once you add the Google account, you can access Play Store apps without needing to sign in every time. If you have not setup your Google account, then you can do it by following the instructions above.
The following are instructions to add one or many Google Accounts.
- Press the menu button on your phone. Look for the Settings option and then tap on it.
- From the drop-down list, locate the Accounts option and tap on it.
- Tap on the Add account option and choose the Google option from the list.
- Follow the step by step instructions that show up on the screen to add the Google account.
- If you want to add more Google accounts, then repeat the same steps to create multiple accounts.
How to re-install Play Store App on Android?
Did you restore your Android device to factory settings recently? Do you find the Play Store app on your device is missing? Well, there is nothing to worry. You can easily download the latest version of the Play Store app on your phone provided you use the latest handsets.
- If you have a mobile data connection or a Wi-Fi access on your Android device, then you can download the Play Store app using the mobile web browser or from your computer.
- To download the Play Store app on your device directly, you should first take a look at the Android OS version of the device.
- See if the latest version of Play Sore is compatible with the device OS.
- Just open your web browser and type Google Play Store app in the search box.
- You will find many Android forums and website details to come up on the screen. Make sure that you choose the trusted source to get access to Android APK file of Google play app.
- Go to the Settings option on your device and turn on the Unknown sources to enable the phone to download the Android APK file from trusted sources.
- Download the file on your device.
- After the download is over, look for the Google Play Store APK file in the downloads folder and tap on it to install the Play Store app on the device.
- After the installation is complete, you will find the Play Store icon in the App section or the home screen of your device.
- Tap on it, sign in to Google account and start using the Play Store app on the device.
Why Play Store app is missing on your device?
Sometimes, you might find that the Google Play Store app is not found on your device. The reasons why Play Store is missing on your device are:
- You might have restored your phone to factory settings and this would result in the deletion of pre-installed apps.
- There is a chance that you accidentally deleted the Play Store app or even could have disabled the app on your device.
Restoring Play Store app
- Visit the Settings option on your device and then look for the Apps option and tap on it.
- Look for Google Play Store app and tap on it if the app is disabled, then enable it and the app would start to work on your device once again.
- It would be a good idea to clear the cache data on the app info page so that the Google Play Store app works on the device without any issues.
- If you do not find the app, then you can once again download the Play Store. APK file from trusted sources and install it on your device.
The procedure to download and install the Google Play Store APK file is given in detail above. Follow the above steps and you can get the Play Store app reinstalled on your device.