If you want Download Play Store to access any of the Android apps offered by Google, then you need to first have the Google Play Store app downloaded to your device. By installing the Play Store app, you get to access all the free and the paid apps at any time, from anywhere and on all devices. The Play Store app makes your device a multi-functional one, thanks to the wide range of utility apps it offers. Play Store from Google is the one stop shop to enjoy millions of Android apps in various categories like books, TV, music, movies, magazines, etc.
Downloading Play Store App on various devices
The Play Store app is a free app for all Android devices. It comes preinstalled on most of the latest Android devices. If you do not have the Play Store app pre-installed on your Android devices, then you can install it by making use of the Android APK file. The best part is that you can also have access to Google Play Store on your iOS device via the Android emulator program.
Download Play Store for Android
The following is the procedure to download the Google Play Store on Android devices.
Look for the current version of Play Store
If you are having the Play Store app on your Android device, then you should find out the current version that is on the device. The steps involved in checking out the Play Store version of Android are as follows:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android phone or tablet. It will be on the home screen of the device.
- Look for the Settings option of the app and tap on it.
- Scroll down the menu to locate the build number or version of Play Store. This is the version currently on your phone.
- Check for the latest version of Google Play Store online. If the version number does not match, then you are using an older version of Play Store. You need to upgrade to the latest version to get the best out of the app.
Downloading the Play Store using an APK file on the device
- Open the web browser on your computer and look for the most trusted Android sources to download the Android APK file. Once you get access to the trusted source for APK file, you can download it manually.
- If you are installing the Android APK file on your device, then go to device settings and look for Security. Tap on the Security and tick the box next to Unknown sources to give permission for the device to download the APK file from an Android website.
- Use the mobile browser to visit the website from where you get the trusted and latest version of the Android APK file.
- When you tap on the download option, you might see a warning message flash on your screen. Ignore it and then tap on the OK option.
- After the download of the APK file, you can find the file on your device in the downloads folder. Tap on the APK file to open it, read the permissions and then tap on the Install option to get the Play Store app installed on your device.
Installing Google Play using the computer
If your Android device does not have a data connection or Wi-Fi option, then download the APK file on your computer. Then transfer it to your device using a USB cable.
- Open the web browser on your computer and visit the trusted source to get access to the Android APK file.
- Download the latest version of the APK Play Store on the computer. Now, connect your device and the computer through a USB cable.
- Go to device settings and then tap on the security option. Enable the unknown source option on the device.
- Then copy the downloaded APK file from your computer to the device.
- Tap on the Google Play Store APK file on your device and accept the permissions to install the file on the device.
- After the installation is through, you can access Google Play Store on your device.
Download Play Store on iOS
There is another version of the Google Play Store to offer for non-Android users and to suit the Apple device users. This is the Play Store for iOS app. This app does not have all features that Play Store offers for its Android users. To get this version of Play Store on your iOS device, you need to follow these simple steps.
- Open the iTunes app on your iOS device. If you have not logged in to iTunes on the device, then log in using the iOS credentials to get access to the iTunes app.
- Once you are in the iTunes app page, search for the Google Play Store app.
- Tap on this app and then tap on the install option on the Play Store iOS version.
- The app will download and then automatically install on your iOS.
- After installation, you can find the Play Store for iOS app in the apps section. Tap on it to start using the Google Play Store app on iOS.
To get the full version of the Google Play Store app on your iOS device, you will have to jailbreak your iOS device and install the Android emulator program. This way you can convert your iOS device into a virtual Android OS device. The procedure to get the full version of the Google Play Store on iOS devices are as follows:
- There are many options on offer to jailbreak the iOS device. Choose the trusted and most tried out jail breaking tool to open up the iOS device you are using.
- Follow the step by step instructions that come up on the screen to jailbreak the device.
- Use the Cydia to install the Bootlace application on the device. It will need a repository added to the app.
- After the Bootlace is downloaded and installed on iOS, you should restart your device.
- Open the Bootlace option and then look for the Open iBoot option.
- This is where you will get the iDroid application that converts your iOS device into a virtual Android OS system.
- Once you get the iDroid option, you can search for the Google Play Store and download the Play Store on the iOS device.
- After the download and the installation of Play Store app are complete, you get access to all the various categories that Play Store offers on your iOS.
How to open Play Store App?
If you have laid your hands on your first Android smart phone or tablet, then you will be itching to get access to Google Play Store. Most of the Android devices come with the Play Store pre-installed on the device. This makes it easy for you to access the app and download or purchase the millions of apps on offer from Google and third-party developers. The following are the steps to open and then start using the Play Store app on your new Android device.
- Open the Play Store app on your device. It will be seen on the home screen or the apps section.
- As soon as you tap on it, you will be asked to log in to your existing Google account.
- If you have a Gmail account created, then you can use it to log in to Google Play Store to get access to the apps.
- Tap on the existing option and when prompted to you should enter your email address for the username in the space provided.
- After this, you need to enter the password for the username or email address in the respective type box.
- Once done, click on the save the details option that you see on the screen to stop Play Store from asking your log in details every time you want to access the app.
- After your log in credentials are verified, you will be taken to another page that asks you whether you want to save the backed-up data on your Android device.
- Choose yes or no and then move on to the next step. This is where you will be asked to key in your payment option details to help you buy the paid apps faster.
- You can either give your payment details or skip this step.
- After this, you will be directed to the Google Play Store app’s main page.
Installing Apps from the Play Store
There are millions and millions of apps in different categories offered in the Play Store app. Most of them are free to download. Some of them are paid apps. The process to install the apps that you like to offer from Play Store is as follows.
- Open the Google Play Store on your device and get access to the main page of the app.
- The main page of the Google Play Store App will have all the latest, most popular, recommended, etc.
- You can also see a search option on the top of the Play Store main page Here you can type the name of the app that you wish to download to get quick access to the download button.
- There is also a menu button on the top left corner of the main page. Tap on it to get access to your Play Store account. From here, you can choose games, movies, newsstand, books or music options to get access to the apps offered under various categories.
- If you are interested in any of the apps that you see on the screen, tap on it and you will be taken to the main page of the app.
- You get details about the app on the screen and also there will be an install option. If you want to get this app on your device, just tap on the Install option and the app will get downloaded and installed on your device.
- You can find the installed apps on the home screen of your device. Just tap on it and you can start using the app.
This is how you download apps in Google Play.